Balanced meals will help you maintain a healthy body weight which in return will support fewer joint and muscle pains. Use this Healthy Eating Plate as a guide for creating healthy meals: ½ of your plate: Vegetables and fruits…
Just follow these easy steps:
- Stand tall with your feet hip width apart and your arms across your chest (or down by your side).
- Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels
- As you are lowering into the squat, keep your arms across your chest. You can also raise your arms out in front of you, or use place your hands on the chair for balance.
- Keep a neutral spine at all times and never let your knees go over your toes
- The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times not rounded.
- Pause then lift back up in a controlled movement to the starting position
Note: Always consult your Primary Care Physician and Physical Therapist when performing any exercises