Forest Hill Physical Therapy earns national recognition for Patient Centered Connected Care
NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care™ Recognizing Trusted Partners for Patient care
WASHINGTON, DC—The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) today announced that Forest Hill Physical Therapy of Newark, New Jersey has received NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care™ Recognition, for demonstrating that it connects the care it delivers back to its patients’ primary care team in a structured and timely manner.
NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition is awarded to sites that provide outpatient care for patients experiencing acute/episodic illness, but do not act as the patient’s primary care provider. The program is a roadmap for delivering evidence-based, patient-centered care that focuses on closing care gaps to ensure that relevant patient information is connected with the primary care physician. Its requirements also support communication with secondary providers, for patients receiving long-term specialty care.
“NCQA Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition expands best practices in the delivery of high-quality care by connecting care across the medical home neighborhood,” said NCQA president, Margaret E. O’Kane. “Recognition shows that Forest Hill Physical Therapy has the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the right care, while ensuring that care is communicated clearly and efficiently with the team of clinicians charged to manage their overall health.”
To earn recognition, which is valid for three years, Forest Hill Physical Therapy earned the necessary scores across five standards and their corresponding elements.
The standards examine:
- Connecting with primary care: The site connects with and shares information with patients’ primary care providers, and helps them find a primary care provider if they don’t have one.
- Identifying patient needs: The site directs patients to appropriate providers, when necessary.
- Patient care and support: The site uses evidence-based decision support in care delivery, collaborates with patients to make care decisions and delivers culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- System capabilities: The site uses electronic systems to collect data and execute specific tasks.
- Measure and improve performance: The site systematically monitors performance and carries out activities to improve clinical outcomes and patient experience.
For more information:
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA’s Web site (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices.
About Forest Hill Physical Therapy
Welcome to Forest Hill Physical Therapy, an outpatient physical therapy center serving the Newark area for more than 25 years. Our reputation is built on providing hands-on, one-on-one care from highly skilled Licensed Physical Therapists. Our Four Phase Recovery Plan of Care, rooted in developmental kinesiology and medical research, is unique to each individual and encompass full body medical approach. Our Four Phase Recovery Plan of Care is developed to alleviate low back and neck pain, prevent falls, correct joint problems and promote muscular strength through proper movement patterns, spinal/core stability, balance control and strength.